Who Can Join the Artisans’ Guild: We represent a wide range of visual arts and crafts; all styles of painting, sculpture, hand and wheel thrown pottery, wood, metal and glass works, and all types of hand crafts. All are welcome.
Classes of Membership:
1. Full Members have display sale and voting rights and must be 18 years or over.
2. Family Full Member – two full members in one household – same rights but only one newsletter sent.
3. Junior Members have display and sale rights, but cannot vote – age 8-17 years.
4. Associate Member – for those who are not artisans but wish to support the Guild – no display, sale or voting rights, but receive newsletter and entitled to special prices for outings.
5. Group Member – for other groups to become part of the Guild. Group members have one vote at General Meetings and have pre-arranged display rights.
1. Meetings are held monthly.
2. A newsletter is published regularly and sent to all members advising activities, by post or email (if you supply an email address).
3. An annual competitive art show in October is the highlight of our year.
4. Members attend local fetes, shows and shopping centre exhibitions, promoting our art and craft.
5. Lessons and workshops are arranged with qualified tutors to enable members to expand their knowledge and improve their skills. These are held at our comfortable airconditioned Old Bay Road workshops.
6. Excursions are arranged for outdoor painting to various locations, and bus trips are held through the year to exciting artistic destinations. Regular functions and informal get-togethers are also arranged.
7. The Moreton Bay Regional Council has generously supported the Guild in establishing the Old Bay Road Gallery complex, where we display work from members, local artists and craftspeople.